Is DCP's New Film Already Dead?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: Is DCP's New Film Already Dead?

Post by Dr Exiled »

It's another movie [theatrical film - sorry DCP] I'll be missing.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

TwoCumorahFraud wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:15 pm
Oh I get it. DCP is pulling out old RLDS history documents to muddy up Church History.

M2C = Louis E. Hills books and map from 1917 - 1924. https://tinyurl.com/LEHills1924bookM2C
SITH = David Whitmer’s “An Address to All Believers in Chirst” https://archive.org/details/GR_4641

In which Whitmer constantly mentions Joseph Smith using a stone. Search it with the word “stone” and recall his “Witnesses Movie” was from the perspectice of David Whitmer. In the same book, Whitmer also called Joseph Smith a fallen prophet only after he translated the plates, due to plural marriage. Whitmer started his own Church rather than join the RLDS Church, because he knew Emma wasn’t correct about plural marriage.

Now 6DA will be from similar documents. How original.

Then all of you can argue how DCP represents The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, then blame it for your unbelief. You’ll buy DCP’s stuff, watch his movies, to fill the coffers of his tax-free 501(c)(3) Interpreter Foundation, then complain about him while financing him. Then he laughs at you.
Oh come on 2CF. We all know you hate DCP for whatever reasons. But today is Easter. Reconcile a little in remembering what the Lord did for you. He hung on the cross for you, to bear your burdens and sins if you repent.

“If your forgive men their trespasses…your Heavenly Father will also forgive you.”

Let it go. Today is Easter. Peace.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Is Witnesses anywhere near its YouTube debut?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

TwoCumorahFraud wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:15 pm
Then all of you can argue how DCP represents The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, then blame it for your unbelief. You’ll buy DCP’s stuff, watch his movies, to fill the coffers of his tax-free 501(c)(3) Interpreter Foundation, then complain about him while financing him. Then he laughs at you.
What an odd post! Blame what? Buy what stuff of DCP’s? Why would I care if he laughs at me? I don’t think you are paying very close attention.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Thanks very much for the review, Tom. It seems that the Interpreter Radio Show continues to struggle. Is it true that this actually *airs* in an actual radio station that broadcasts along the Wasatch Front? The quality of the program is shockingly bad—from the cheesy classical theme music (reminiscent, perhaps, of the Alaistair Cookie skit from Sesame Street?), to the persistent technical difficulties.

And my! Mr. Densley was *quite* curt with Dr. Peterson, sternly admonishing him for the poor sound quality that, candidly, really detracts from the show. Perhaps they should funnel some of those donations towards some decent sound equipment?

I confess that I couldn’t make it very far into the show, so I am grateful for your summary, Tom.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I tried listening to exactly one Interpreter radio broadcast.

It consisted of DCP at home, calling into the show, losing connection every 30 seconds. The 30 seconds he was on air consisted of him insisting he hadn’t moved from the spot and doesn’t know what is causing it.

It’s really amateur hour. And clearly Heavenly Father isn’t helping them out with the electromagnetic waves. I guess Satan doesn’t only rule the water.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:12 am
Thanks very much for the review, Tom. It seems that the Interpreter Radio Show continues to struggle. Is it true that this actually *airs* in an actual radio station that broadcasts along the Wasatch Front? The quality of the program is shockingly bad—from the cheesy classical theme music (reminiscent, perhaps, of the Alaistair Cookie skit from Sesame Street?), to the persistent technical difficulties.
The intro music and voiceover sounds like something you'd hear in a comedy sketch about poorly done call in shows.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

slightly off topic but over at you-know-where, someone gave the Easter address in sacrament meeting. It has all these footnotes and everything, so obviously it's recycled. Looks like it goes back to at least 2011.

https://www.deseret.com/2011/4/21/20371 ... ter-sunday

I guess the Lord is so important to him that he didn't have the time to write original material for his address?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:18 am
slightly off topic but over at you-know-where, someone gave the Easter address in sacrament meeting. It has all these footnotes and everything, so obviously it's recycled. Looks like it goes back to at least 2011.

I guess the Lord is so important to him that he didn't have the time to write original material for his address?
Wow good catch.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:18 am

It gets worse, if you can believe it. Check it out:
Daniel Peterson wrote:I’ve had a number of people ask whether I could share a link to a video of my remarks on Easter Sunday. Not feeling entirely comfortable (or authorized) to treat a sacrament meeting talk that way, though, I sat down today with my friend Tom Pittman and recorded it. The talk is now available on YouTube as “Truly He has risen!” My delivery seems a bit lifeless to me, as I watch it now — sometimes a live audience is energizing — but I suppose it will serve the purpose.
Why not just refer people to the Deseret article? I don't get the logic behind his piousness: does merely reading something aloud in Sacrament Meeting automatically imbue it with some kind of sacredness?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14