A Darkness Settles Over "6 Days in August"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: A Darkness Settles Over "6 Days in August"

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:39 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:52 pm

Indeed. I noticed that Dr. Peterson claims that it’s not there. Is he blind? Maybe if he uses his “spiritual eyes” he’ll be able to see it?
Alarmed that I might be like Peterson I stared and squinted , adjusted my glasses, had a drink of water and after a long battle thought, Oh maybe its that little black spot on the ground at the corner of the house.

I cannot imagine a movie viewer ever noticing such a thing. I am not completely convinced even now of it identity.

I am rather puzzled that while worried over a spot someone would overlook those very modern lawns. I think the lawns make the image look very modern.
///
A further thought, I walkway of neatly sized gravel?

Yes I got a touch of curiosity and checked google. Lawn mowers were invented in the first half of 19th century and were very heavy and used by aristocrats and for sporting fields. It took time for lawns to spread to common folks. Well a grass area could be trimed by horse cow and scythe.
Lol. Great points. It also takes a landscaping crew to work the scythe, horse and cow to that extent.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:51 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:39 pm
Alarmed that I might be like Peterson I stared and squinted , adjusted my glasses, had a drink of water and after a long battle thought, Oh maybe its that little black spot on the ground at the corner of the house.

I cannot imagine a movie viewer ever noticing such a thing. I am not completely convinced even now of it identity.

I am rather puzzled that while worried over a spot someone would overlook those very modern lawns. I think the lawns make the image look very modern.
///
A further thought, I walkway of neatly sized gravel?

Yes I got a touch of curiosity and checked google. Lawn mowers were invented in the first half of 19th century and were very heavy and used by aristocrats and for sporting fields. It took time for lawns to spread to common folks. Well a grass area could be trimed by horse cow and scythe.
Lol. Great points. It also takes a landscaping crew to work the scythe, horse and cow to that extent.
More nitpicking. Of course neatly mowed/watered lawns, asphalt shingles, aluminum rain gutters and solar lamps are anachronistic, but DCP has already said these are only "stills" and will not be used in the movie. And if you believe him, I have round-trip tickets to Kolob that I'm willing to sell you for cheap.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:12 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:51 pm
More nitpicking. Of course neatly mowed/watered lawns, asphalt shingles, aluminum rain gutters and solar lamps are anachronistic, but DCP has already said these are only "stills" and will not be used in the movie. And if you believe him, I have round-trip tickets to Kolob that I'm willing to sell you for cheap.
Lol. He said that? An entire set, right down to perfectly groomed grass, modern gravel, pristine clothing, newly painted houses and impeccable landscaping, just for a still NOT in the movie? Has DCP contacted you yet for those Kolob tickets?!!!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I'll take two tickets to Kolob please. May I have the senior discount?
Everybody Wang Chung
God

More ridiculous stills from SeN. This is going to be an epic movie event. If this film actually makes it into theaters, I promise I will rent out one for the first showing and invite anyone here who wants to watch.

In the first still, the aluminum rain gutter is clearly visible in the upper right corner. And of course you can clearly see the well-manicured, freshly mowed, fertilized and watered lawn, which wouldn't exist during that time.

In the next still, in addition to the well-manicured, freshly mowed, fertilized and watered lawn, you can see the aluminum rain gutter, asphalt shingles and 3 distinct outdoor power outlets in the middle right of the picture at the base of the white home.

In this movie still, if you zoom in, the fire alarm is clearly visible above the fireplace mantle on the ceiling.

It's a good thing that these are only stills and none of the numerous anachronisms will be in the film. That would be very embarrassing for DCP.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

huh, plus the 1-car garage with a side door and Kwikset doorknob.

In the past I've jested about Joseph cooking up plates in his "garage" but I meant it figuratively.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:54 am
huh, plus the 1-car garage with a side door and Kwikset doorknob.

In the past I've jested about Joseph cooking up plates in his "garage" but I meant it figuratively.
Good catch! But don't worry Dean, DCP has assured his readers that none of this will appear in the film. It's important to remember that they are only stills after all.

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

This is intentional.

DCP has already mentioned numerous times that he needs to spend a fortune for post production to airbrush all of those out.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

drumdude wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:01 am
This is intentional.

DCP has already mentioned numerous times that he needs to spend a fortune for post production to airbrush all of those out.
:lol: :lol:

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:11 am
drumdude wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:01 am
This is intentional.

:lol: :lol:
I could easily air brush them out and it wouldn't cost him a fortune of any kind. Yes, I would want to get paid, but I could save him enough money from his own LDS folks ripping him off, he could have enough to make yet ANOTHER movie. He needs to contact me...