The Best Site For The Latest Stories On The Election

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The Best Site For The Latest Stories On The Election

Post by Jersey Girl »

District of Columbia
In the District of Columbia, any police officer, physician, or mental health professional can request to have an individual evaluated at St. Elizabeths Hospital, where they may be detained for up to 48 hours at the direction of the physician on duty. A family member or concerned citizen can also petition the Department of Mental Health, but the claim will be evaluated prior to the police acting upon it. To be held further requires that a request be filed with the Department of Mental Health. However, this only can keep the patient involuntary admitted for up to seven days. For further commitment, the patient is evaluated by a mental health court, part of family court, for which the public defender assists the patient. This can result in the patient being held up to one year at which point the patient returns to mental health court.

This is different for someone first admitted to St. Elizabeths Hospital due to criminal charges. If found to not ever become competent for trial, they will be evaluated via a Jackson hearing for possible continued commitment to protect the public. If they have been found not guilty by reason of insanity, their dangerousness is evaluated at a Bolton Hearing.[42]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involunta ... s_by_state
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:26 pm
...It's getting time to put up or shut up.
just a sec, I am having trouble finding your post where you ask Adam Schiff this during the Russia! impeachment....or maybe it was the Stormy....or the claims by Dr Ford....nope, it was the pee tape...or was it racism?...
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

——o0o——
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jurisdiction. Florida Law but Trump’s in DC. Next trip to Mar Al Logo, though.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:09 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:26 pm
...It's getting time to put up or shut up.
just a sec, I am having trouble finding your post where you ask Adam Schiff this during the Russia! impeachment....or maybe it was the Stormy....or the claims by Dr Ford....nope, it was the pee tape...or was it racism?...
I was never a believer in Russia gate and the impeachment seemed to be more political theater, a la the Clinton impeachment that happened over 20 years ago. However, I am surprised Sidney Powell hasn't filed a lawsuit yet making the Dominion claims she so confidently told Maria Baritomo and Lou Dobbs. Those claims seem to be the ones with teeth, assuming Powell/Trump have the evidence.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:22 pm
subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:09 pm

I was never a believer in Russia gate and the impeachment seemed to be more political theater, a la the Clinton impeachment that happened over 20 years ago. However, I am surprised Sidney Powell hasn't filed a lawsuit yet making the Dominion claims she so confidently told Maria Baritomo and Lou Dobbs. Those claims seem to be the ones with teeth, assuming Powell/Trump have the evidence.
On Schiff, back at the old forum, you stated:
"You know the republicans will compare this to what Biden already admitted to doing. So, it seems to me that if the democrats cannot show that Trump's quid pro quo was worse than the blatant Biden action, then the public won't be convinced and Trump will gain by being the martyr, by running against the mainstream media and his invented "deep state" "swamp" bogey man. I don't think we should play into this and give Trump something with which he can rally his troops. I guess we'll see if they can make the case. However, at this point, the whistleblower complaint seems weak. He/she wasn't a direct witness."
but here, you take the path of brevity with:
"It's getting time to put up or shut up."

no real comment other than I thought I detected a difference in tones.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Think I'll just put this one here. No, I won't copy/paste his whole feed so not to worry. If you are not looking at it, though, you probably won't get the full impact of just how off the rails desperate he really is.

Stable genius can't even keep it between the ditches.
Donald J. Trump Retweeted
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Nov 6, 2012
More reports of voting machines switching Romney votes to Obama. Pay close attention to the machines, don't let your vote be stolen
That's him retweeting HIMSELF by the way.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

OK, so some kind soul at Washington Post provided the context for Sub’s chart that he claims is worth investigating. The state is Wisconsin, the totals are state totals, and the report is for the county that includes Milwaukie reporting its vote count. And it wasn’t done secretly. The media filmed the delivery of the count from the county to the voting center.

For any person who has watched election returns, this was not unusual in the slightest. In a typical election, less populated rural counties tend to report first, and they trend Republican. The counties that include large cities take longer to finish their counts, and they report in big chunks. They also tend Democratic.

This year was more complicated because different states had wildly different rules on vote by mail. They also counted the votes in different order. And, in a flip flop of past elections, Republicans were urged to vote in person and Democrats by mail. Some allowed mail ballots to be counted before Election Day, so the earliest returns skewed blue. Others counted in person ballots first, which skewed red.

Wisconsin expected a large volume of absentee ballots (no excuse absentee ballots) but could not starting counting them until Election Day. Counting absentee ballots is slower than counting live ballots, and Milwaukie was expecting lots of them based on absentee ballot applications. According to this pre-election article in the local paper, Milwaukie officials were hoping to have their count in by sunrise on the fourth. https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/pol ... 819265002/. They beat that by a few hours.

Now. I’ve added all this detail to show how it all happened. But the fact is, simply adding the basic information that the State was Wisconsin and the votes were from Milwaukie was all one needed to know that the factoid Sub posted was perfectly normal and to be expected. And that’s why any fact presented as an anomaly must be accompanied by the basic context. In other words, there’s a burden of proof required in claiming that something is an anomaly, and that burden includes providing the readily available context.

Washington Post link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... wisconsin/
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Does anyone else fantasize about being alone in a room with Trump so you are free to beat the living crap out of him, or is that just me?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:04 am
Does anyone else fantasize about being alone in a room with Trump so you are free to beat the living crap out of him, or is that just me?
It's not just you.

Slava Ukraini!