Thanks for the heads up, Gad.Gadianton wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:18 pmIt's that time again, we're raising money for the board's continuation. Things have changed a bit since last time, which is mostly positive, but there are some challenges. We need 814$. DO NOT USE any old links you might have for contributing, I think I've deleted them all but can't be sure.
The good is the cost is reduced from last year and previous years by a fair amount I believe. The bad is that this reduction is due to streamlining away from formalities, which changes the options for contributing.
We don't have a slick method for contributing at this point, although that is being worked on -- but don't hold your breath. So for now, if you would like to contribute, either PM Dr. Shades or PM me. If you would like to wait for a more straightforward solution, which mainly would ensure your anonymity as a payer, then feel free to do so.
I may post more details later although Dr. Shades is free to clarify anything he wishes on this thread as he is ultimately in charge. If you have questions, or are ready to donate now, PM me or Shades. I will answer questions privately, for now, I won't be answering publicly (for now) on this thread.
Why am I involved here? The main reason is that Dr. Shades has a mental block when it comes to asking for money. This may be because he was raised a Chapel Mormon, indoctrinated with the belief that he is only to serve, and anything short of pure sacrifice is selfishness.
Moderators: if you don't mind being hyper vigilant on this thread to make sure this post doesn't get buried too deep.
794$ is the ask, as a small test payment is in flight.
DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup
-
Marcus
- God
- Posts: 8105
- Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:44 pm
Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup
- Hound of Heaven
- God
- Posts: 1285
- Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm
Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup
What an idiotic answer to a serious question.
First of all, the board is soliciting voluntary donations to cover expenses which is a great idea. But for you to give me attitude by turning it around on me, saying I'm the one asking for the favor is idiotic! The board is asking the favor and I made a suggestion that anyone with an ounce of business sense would offer up in an attempt to help the board.
I don't need to PM Shades, he's a big boy, he can give me an answer here on this thread, my suggestion is a legitimate request for the board owner to take into consideration. Other boards do the same thing.
Shades, Gadianton calling my proposal "purchasing favors" shows he has no business sense whatsoever! Many boards establish a donor recognition perk for people that contribute a certain amount. I think my proposal would help you raise money and I don't appreciate getting a snarky and dismissive answer back from Gadianton!
For example, just last month I donated $500 to our local animal shelter and I received a bumper sticker, a shirt and a few other items. All crappy insensitives to get people to donate. Same concept I'm suggesting here. You need $800. I'm willing to pay $100 or 12.5%, of that amount, rewarding someone for a substantial donation is very common.
And please consider getting someone that doesn't give back snarky answers to board members on a thread that is asking for people to part with money to help your board! I made a legitimate suggestion in an attempt to help you out.
- Dr. Shades
- Founder and Visionary
- Posts: 3251
- Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:48 pm
Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup
Correct on all counts.Gadianton wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:18 pmWhy am I involved here? The main reason is that Dr. Shades has a mental block when it comes to asking for money. This may be because he was raised a Chapel Mormon, indoctrinated with the belief that he is only to serve, and anything short of pure sacrifice is selfishness.
FULL DISCLOSURE: The default setting, for now, is that all hosting costs will be extracted from my checking account. Therefore, there is 0 chance that this website will go offline if our fundraising goals aren't met. If you are reading this, you are under NO OBLIGATION to donate, because, like I said, I am paying for everything anyway; your donation, should you be kind enough to make one, will help me not have to pay out so much. . . which, for this year, was $814.07.
How will you know that I won't pocket your money if or after the goal is met? Simple: I'll get on here and tell everyone to stop donating. If donations exceed $814.07, I will send the last donor(s) a private message and offer to refund him or her (or them) the excess.
TRANSPARENCY: If anyone wishes to verify that I'm a man of my word regarding all this, just PM me. If you and I know each other online, I will let you come to my house, log in in front of you, and show you the accounts in real time. Then you can return & report.
Two kind individuals have already donated $170.00 between them, so the remaining goal stands at $644.07.
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION! I love each and every one of you. :-)
.
"When the Mormon God requires a PR crisis to act moral, we've clearly outgrown him."
--Everybody Wang Chung, 06-01-2026
"When the Mormon God requires a PR crisis to act moral, we've clearly outgrown him."
--Everybody Wang Chung, 06-01-2026
- Jersey Girl
- God
- Posts: 9454
- Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:51 am
- Location: In my head
Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup
I take it that someone is calling into question your integrity as well as Gad's. I don't even have to guess.Dr. Shades wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:31 amCorrect on all counts.Gadianton wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:18 pmWhy am I involved here? The main reason is that Dr. Shades has a mental block when it comes to asking for money. This may be because he was raised a Chapel Mormon, indoctrinated with the belief that he is only to serve, and anything short of pure sacrifice is selfishness.
FULL DISCLOSURE: The default setting, for now, is that all hosting costs will be extracted from my checking account. Therefore, there is 0 chance that this website will go offline if our fundraising goals aren't met. If you are reading this, you are under NO OBLIGATION to donate, because, like I said, I am paying for everything anyway; your donation, should you be kind enough to make one, will help me not have to pay out so much. . . which, for this year, was $814.07.
How will you know that I won't pocket your money if or after the goal is met? Simple: I'll get on here and tell everyone to stop donating. If donations exceed $814.07, I will send the last donor(s) a private message and offer to refund him or her (or them) the excess.
TRANSPARENCY: If anyone wishes to verify that I'm a man of my word regarding all this, just PM me. If you and I know each other online, I will let you come to my house, log in in front of you, and show you the accounts in real time. Then you can return & report.
Anyone is free to donate or not. There is no distinction made with regard to mod rulings as to a participant who donated or who hasn't. Drop coin in the hat or don't.
Bless ''em! <3Two kind individuals have already donated $170.00 between them, so the remaining goal stands at $644.07.
Oh you do not.THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION! I love each and every one of you.
But you love ME. How do I know? You resurrected me. So there!
“Do you hate people? I don't hate them...I just feel better when they're not around.” ― Charles Bukowski, Barfly
LIGHT HAS A NAME
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF
Slava Ukraini!
LIGHT HAS A NAME
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF
Slava Ukraini!
- Dr. Shades
- Founder and Visionary
- Posts: 3251
- Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:48 pm
Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup
Two more generous individuals have donated $280.00 between them, so the remainder of our goal is:
$364.07
I appreciate you both so much! Heartfelt thanks incoming!
$364.07
I appreciate you both so much! Heartfelt thanks incoming!
.
"When the Mormon God requires a PR crisis to act moral, we've clearly outgrown him."
--Everybody Wang Chung, 06-01-2026
"When the Mormon God requires a PR crisis to act moral, we've clearly outgrown him."
--Everybody Wang Chung, 06-01-2026
-
Marcus
- God
- Posts: 8105
- Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:44 pm
Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup
Do you have the anonymous method set back up? Or did I miss something?Dr. Shades wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:07 pmTwo more generous individuals have donated $280.00 between them, so the remainder of our goal is:
$364.07
I appreciate you both so much! Heartfelt thanks incoming!