A Special Video Message of Hope and Healing From President Russell M. Nelson

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Re: A Special Video Message of Hope and Healing Is Coming From the Prophet November 20

Post by mentalgymnast »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:43 am
mentalgymnast wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:43 am
The message given has resonated with a whole bunch of folks. Yes, PPE is important. No doubt. But the message President Nelson gave was even more so in some respects. I think some folks may find it difficult to see the forest through the trees. At the end of the day many lives will be enriched and nourished by the good word of God and His chosen leaders than by any amount of mask wearing, social distancing, and washing of hands. Again, not to discount PPE and physically taking care of yourself and others, but spiritual PPE is critically important also. That was the thrust of President Nelson’s remarks.
Perhaps Nelson could have mentioned gratitude regarding the choice made by some of wearing a mask for the sake of preserving the health of our most vulnerable citizens.

Seems like a simple enough compromise if the Church was worried about turning off the hard-core anti-mask crowd.
Hi canpakes, hope all is well as you’re wearing your mask. 🙂

One thing for sure. As concerned as we all are about wearing masks, washing hands, and social distancing in order to “preserve the health of our most vulnerable citizens”, I would bet that when this pandemic is over we will be much more sensitive and attentive to those in nursing homes than Governor Cuomo was.

Regards,
MG
canpakes
God

Re: A Special Video Message of Hope and Healing Is Coming From the Prophet November 20

Post by canpakes »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:04 pm
One thing for sure. As concerned as we all are about wearing masks, washing hands, and social distancing in order to “preserve the health of our most vulnerable citizens”, I would bet that when this pandemic is over we will be much more sensitive and attentive to those in nursing homes than Governor Cuomo was.
Certainly, let’s hope that we all do our best, and not bow to fear or ideology in the face of reason.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:50 am
Gadianton wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 am
Would Ratzinger pay 10% of his income to have a random guy warning him against his sins?
He swore an oath of poverty to do so.
I don’t believe he did. He’s a secular priest—a plain vanilla priest not belonging to any religious order. Before they made him a bishop he was a professor in Germany for many years, making a quite decent salary which he was perfectly allowed to keep.

He did of course promise celibacy and respect for superiors, but not to get warnings on sin. The Catholic Church gives those for free.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:02 pm

Taking part of what I said and creating a straw man doesn’t enhance your argument. Are you equally concerned with the increase in mental health issues surrounding the coronavirus? I would expect the prophet to focus on the spiritual maladies that are prone to result when folks fall prey to losing their sense of gratitude to God and fail to show appreciation and love to those around them.

Regards,
MG

You'll agree that NelSatan wasn't focusing on lives lost or in consoling the survivors who lost loved ones. That's water already under the bridge. More water is coming and more lives are going to be lost. People need to prepare for that outcome. What needs to be done to reduce the coming losses?

Why do you call him a prophet? He doesn't prophesy. Prophets prophesy.
Shulem
God

The Face of Delusion

Post by Shulem »

NelSatasn wrote:
As a man of science . . . .

"Man of science"? Would you like to discuss Joseph Smith's claims he made regarding the science of the papyrus in which he claimed to translate the Book of Abraham and the Facsimiles?

Shall we discuss SCIENCE regarding how old Joseph Smith said the papyrus was? You're not up to that, are you, NelSatan, you lying bastard. Shall we discuss the age of the MUMMIES and the PAPYRUS that were affixed to their bodies? Will you be scientific about that, NelSatan -- you lying President of Mormonism?

Here, prophet NelSatan, listen to your prophet who tells you in the name of Jesus Christ and by his priesthood power and authority the age of the papyrus he held in his hands:

Last edited by Shulem on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor NelSatan wrote:Image

The prophet Joseph Smith said the mummies are 3,500 years old then that's how old they are. I'm a man of science and I have faith in Joseph Smith's official claim he gave to the entire Church and world by the Spirit of the Lord.

Amen.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:48 am
Mentalgymnast wrote:Question: do folks need a prophet to encourage them to use common sense? Is it not enough to follow the guidelines that are given by national and state leaders?
This is a good point Mentalgymnast. Perhaps the Newsroom could coordinate with President Biden to deliver follow-up messages to members. Common sense should come from an official secular source. Someone needs to speak up and tell the Saints to wear masks and urge anti-democracy Trump enablers to stand down. Common sense from a qualified source without pressure on the prophet. Gratitude and Manna from the religious; Masks and Thanksgiving turkey from the secular.
As you say, it takes a man of secularity to have the foresight to lead us when facing a pandemic that threatens the lives of millions. A man we can look to for wise policy and hope. It was missing before, but President Biden will assume the Presidency on January 20, 2021. Even if guiding America seems akin to herding cats, there is hope.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:58 pm
Moksha wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:48 am

This is a good point Mentalgymnast. Perhaps the Newsroom could coordinate with President Biden to deliver follow-up messages to members. Common sense should come from an official secular source. Someone needs to speak up and tell the Saints to wear masks and urge anti-democracy Trump enablers to stand down. Common sense from a qualified source without pressure on the prophet. Gratitude and Manna from the religious; Masks and Thanksgiving turkey from the secular.
As you say, it takes a man of secularity to have the foresight to lead us when facing a pandemic that threatens the lives of millions. A man we can look to for wise policy and hope. It was missing before, but President Biden will assume the Presidency on January 20, 2021. Even if guiding America seems akin to herding cats, there is hope.
Off topic, but do you live in Utah County? We subscribe to the paper edition of the Provo Daily Herald and periodically there will be a letter to the editor signed Moksha.

That you?

Regards,
MG
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Moksha wrote:
...President Biden will assume the Presidency on January 20, 2021...
https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/sidn ... id/998181/

We’ll wait and see.

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:59 pm
Moksha wrote:
...President Biden will assume the Presidency on January 20, 2021...
https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/sidn ... id/998181/

We’ll wait and see.

Regards,
MG

You just tipped your hand with me. Your statement and the link affixed just proved to me what your real intentions here on this board are. I've been watching you for years and have forced myself to reserved judgment in order to give you the benefit of the doubt. I know better now.

I'm on to you. No more benefit of the doubt. Grindael was right all along.

You had me suckered, MG. No more.