Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Post Reply
User avatar
Res Ipsa
God
Posts: 11301
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:44 pm
Location: Playing Rabbits

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics (Derail begins on page 55/56)

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:26 pm
Res Ipsa wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:01 pm
Man! I got my first Shinvax dose yesterday. Arm is pretty sore today. Second dose in 60 days. Not looking forward to that one. :(
UGH. I know! That's the only one that has really given me trouble. My sore arm and swelling lasted a couple or three days. Arm and neck stiffness on that side too. Don't know why that one is so hard. I hardly react at all to any other shot. :shock: Just remember, it's better than the alternative.
Oh yeah. My grandma had shingles in her eye. Not doing that. Uh uh!
he/him
“I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time so that my children can live in peace.” — Thomas Paine
User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 9456
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:51 am
Location: In my head

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics (Derail begins on page 55/56)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:27 pm
Jersey Girl wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:26 pm


UGH. I know! That's the only one that has really given me trouble. My sore arm and swelling lasted a couple or three days. Arm and neck stiffness on that side too. Don't know why that one is so hard. I hardly react at all to any other shot. :shock: Just remember, it's better than the alternative.
Oh yeah. My grandma had shingles in her eye. Not doing that. Uh uh!

Yeah, that. I will share briefly again about my mother. When Ma got shingles were were out in Washington. We always called each other every weekend--back and forth. When she had shingles I was never so worried about her in my life and mind you, she had multiple health concerns. She said it felt like razor blades on her skin and quite frankly, I thought she sounded like she was becoming mentally ill. Of course I kept calling her more often during that time but yeah, she scared the heck out of me with that.

You don't want shingles. Take the hurty arm!
“Do you hate people? I don't hate them...I just feel better when they're not around.” ― Charles Bukowski, Barfly

LIGHT HAS A NAME

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF


Slava Ukraini!
User avatar
Res Ipsa
God
Posts: 11301
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:44 pm
Location: Playing Rabbits

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics (Derail begins on page 55/56)

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:38 pm
Res Ipsa wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:27 pm


Oh yeah. My grandma had shingles in her eye. Not doing that. Uh uh!

Yeah, that. I will share briefly again about my mother. When Ma got shingles were were out in Washington. We always called each other every weekend--back and forth. When she had shingles I was never so worried about her in my life and mind you, she had multiple health concerns. She said it felt like razor blades on her skin and quite frankly, I thought she sounded like she was becoming mentally ill. Of course I kept calling her more often during that time but yeah, she scared the heck out of me with that.

You don't want shingles. Take the hurty arm!
Hurty arm it is. And will be.
he/him
“I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time so that my children can live in peace.” — Thomas Paine
Chap
God
Posts: 3278
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:42 am
Location: On the imaginary axis

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics (Derail begins on page 55/56)

Post by Chap »

Jersey Girl wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:38 pm
You don't want shingles. Take the hurty arm!
Seconded. I had them quite a while back. So when I was offered the vaccine fairly recently, I was delighted.

No nasty feelings at all, by the way.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
User avatar
Doctor Steuss
God
Posts: 2585
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:48 pm

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics (Derail begins on page 55/56)

Post by Doctor Steuss »

This doesn’t really fall in with vaccines or therapeutics, but I found it interesting as it isn’t something I had previously thought about at all.

PDF Warning
Gunnar
God
Posts: 3837
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:32 pm
Location: California

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics (Derail begins on page 55/56)

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:27 pm
Jersey Girl wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:26 pm


UGH. I know! That's the only one that has really given me trouble. My sore arm and swelling lasted a couple or three days. Arm and neck stiffness on that side too. Don't know why that one is so hard. I hardly react at all to any other shot. :shock: Just remember, it's better than the alternative.
Oh yeah. My grandma had shingles in her eye. Not doing that. Uh uh!
I recently got the shingles vaccine too, and like you, I suffered somewhat more discomfort and for a longer period of time than I did with the covid vaccine. Not looking forward to experiencing that discomfort again, but still looking forward to getting it over and done with. My wife had shingles a little over ten years ago, and though she was miserable for about a week, she thankfully didn't have it nearly as bad as some of the horror stories I have read and heard about. One of my friends had a horrible case of it years ago and has not yet fully recovered from it.

My wife still has not had a shingles shot because she was told at the time by her doctor that having already had and recovered from it, there was no longer any benefit from getting the shot. We have since learned, though, that it has since been found that even people who have already had shingles would still benefit from the vaccine, particularly the newer version of it. She has promised to get herself vaccinated eventually, but keeps putting it off for some reason.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 9456
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:51 am
Location: In my head

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics (Derail begins on page 55/56)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:54 pm


My wife still has not had a shingles shot because she was told at the time by her doctor that having already had and recovered from it, there was no longer any benefit from getting the shot. We have since learned, though, that it has since been found that even people who have already had shingles would still benefit from the vaccine, particularly the newer version of it. She has promised to get herself vaccinated eventually, but keeps putting it off for some reason.
I'm thinking there might be a titers test she can take to check on that.
“Do you hate people? I don't hate them...I just feel better when they're not around.” ― Charles Bukowski, Barfly

LIGHT HAS A NAME

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF


Slava Ukraini!
User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 11121
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:04 am

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics (Derail begins on page 55/56)

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Image
Hiring a part-time news entertainment anchor as SecDef, what could go wrong?
User avatar
Res Ipsa
God
Posts: 11301
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:44 pm
Location: Playing Rabbits

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics (Derail begins on page 55/56)

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:48 pm
This doesn’t really fall in with vaccines or therapeutics, but I found it interesting as it isn’t something I had previously thought about at all.

PDF Warning
That’s a really good point, Steuss. We’re not going to wake up one day and see the world as it was. We’ll see ongoing impacts of this pandemic for a long time.
he/him
“I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time so that my children can live in peace.” — Thomas Paine
User avatar
Moksha
God
Posts: 8266
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:13 am
Location: Koloburbia

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics (Derail begins on page 55/56)

Post by Moksha »

Rural hospitals in Oklahoma are clogged with people overdosing on Ivermectin.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Post Reply