Musk has jumped the shark

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Musk has jumped the shark

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:45 am
So ajax will die, find himself around a bunch of other white souls, and think he's in heaven until he realizes it's hell. I can't think of a more hellish place than an eternity with a bunch of white morons who were too stupid on earth to realize how damned dumb their prejudice is.
How could I ever endure an eternity without you there to hate, curse, and berate me? Won't you please come back to church?

ajax, in the afterlife, what will prejudice be based on?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:43 am
Musk just tweeted a poll asking if he should step down as "head of Twitter." So far 57.9% say yes! He said he will abide by the results.
Convenient blame shifting.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I voted in that poll for him to step down.

Well, I think he might actually oblige. I think he's looking for an off-ramp, but who knows. Going full right-winger is so humiliating that I admit if I were to do it, even for me the sunk cost barrier may be too great.

So I'm not going to try to predict this one.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Vēritās wrote:
Musk just tweeted a poll asking if he should step down as "head of Twitter." So far 57.9% say yes! He said he will abide by the results.
That might be a way to save Tesla, but will Twitter still remain a screwed-over platform? Will this resurrect Tumblr?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:21 am
Vēritās wrote:
That might be a way to save Tesla, but will Twitter still remain a screwed-over platform?
Twitter's always had that sour musky smell.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:06 am
I voted in that poll for him to step down.

Well, I think he might actually oblige. I think he's looking for an off-ramp, but who knows. Going full right-winger is so humiliating that I admit if I were to do it, even for me the sunk cost barrier may be too great.

So I'm not going to try to predict this one.
Yeah, I’ve got no idea. But I’m finally on Post and am following most of my regulars there.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

The level to which you live the gospel. In spite of God's perfect love, Satan was still cast out of heaven. He wasn't permitted to heckle and haze God with false accusations. Schmo and I won't be in contact in the afterlife. The feeling is mutual, just as it is with God and Satan. You can kind of see a snapshot of the type of segregation that will exist in the afterlife by observing how people (ignore foes), restrict posters to specific forums here on this board.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:31 pm
The level to which you live the gospel. In spite of God's perfect love, Satan was still cast out of heaven. He wasn't permitted to heckle and haze God with false accusations. Schmo and I won't be in contact in the afterlife. The feeling is mutual, just as it is with God and Satan. You can kind of see a snapshot of the type of segregation that will exist in the afterlife by observing how people (ignore foes), restrict posters to specific forums here on this board.
OK. So the folks that want to disrupt your heavenly conversations with their unchecked Tourette’s spasms, derails, insults and profanity won’t be able to interrupt you in the afterlife. Or, it’ll need to be a mutual agreement to do so, anyway.

That sounds fair.

But, why would that be happening in the afterlife, anyway?
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

OK. So the folks that want to disrupt your heavenly conversations with their unchecked Tourette’s spasms, derails, insults and profanity won’t be able to interrupt you in the afterlife. Or, it’ll need to be a mutual agreement to do so, anyway.

That sounds fair.
Take comfort in the fact that you won't have to hear my views in the afterlife either. That's partly why segregation of the wicked and the righteous and everywhere in between is in the best interest of everyone.
But, why would that be happening in the afterlife, anyway?
Me explaining that to you would not be helpful. If you don't believe in it, it wouldn't make sense to you. Don't worry about it.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Hawkeye wrote:The level to which you live the gospel. In spite of God's perfect love, Satan was still cast out of heaven. He wasn't permitted to heckle and haze God with false accusations. Schmo and I won't be in contact in the afterlife. The feeling is mutual, just as it is with God and Satan. You can kind of see a snapshot of the type of segregation that will exist in the afterlife by observing how people (ignore foes), restrict posters to specific forums here on this board.
You're making it too easy for yourself.

I don't believe in an afterlife, but if I did, I know it's far more difficult. If this life really is a test, and if "love they neighbor as thyself" really is the second greatest commandment, then obviously, it can't be so easy as just ignore everyone you don't like. You have to learn how to forgive them and love them anyway. What would be the point of a social test where love is the highest end if you can just put everyone you don't like on ignore and expect God will reinforce that ignore for you in the next life? Jesus said he will forgive whom he will, but of you it is required to forgive all. Even Schmo and Veritas.

For you, hard work in the form getting your ass out of bed and doing your job comes pretty easy. Accepting others is very difficult. That's the real test. You have to love your neighbor, including liberals and people of other races, and especially people who are lazy and on welfare. You have to love people on welfare more than anything else in the world. That's what your gospel says. You're clinging to what you hope might be a technicality, but no prophet has ever interpreted the banishment of Satan to mean you can just flip a switch and live your life in a silo only loving and accepting people that you deem worthy.