NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:49 pm
Honorentheos I think that paying Hunter Biden $10 million to get Tchokin fired and then Hunter giving 50% of that money to his father still qualifies as a bribe. In fact it's still a bribe even if Hunter kept the entire $10 million.
But none of that happened. The remark about 50% to his father was in the context of an emotional outburst with his teenage daughter, suggesting that he had to give his Dad half when he was a teenager. There is no evidence to suggest he's given anything to his father as an adult. And no, it isn't a bribe in the first place because keeping Shokin on board was better for Burisma according to Devon Archer.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:29 am
It is both. No one ever denied it wasn't real. That's a useless straw man from the side engaged in the smear.
Really, nobody ever denied that Hunter Biden's laptop was real?
Nobody. This has been an idiotic strawman since day one.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:31 pm
Hunter Biden Prosecutor Claims He Was Not Allowed to Charge First Son Outside of Delaware and Was Denied Special Counsel Status by DOJ

Story by Connor Surmonte • Yesterday 6:30 PM
Radar Online
Hunter Biden Prosecutor Claims He Was Not Allowed to Charge First Son Outside of Delaware and Was Denied Special Counsel Status by DOJ

Federal prosecutor David C. Weiss allegedly told six witnesses that he did not have the authority to charge Hunter Biden outside of Delaware, RadarOnline.com has learned. Weiss also reportedly told the witnesses that he was denied special counsel status by the Department of Justic

In a concerning development to come one week after President Joe Biden’s son agreed to plead guilty to two federal tax charges, the legal team representing an IRS whistleblower said that Weiss made the claims during an October 2022 meeting with IRS investigators and FBI agents.

According to the New York Post, the alleged meeting took place on October 7, 2022, and was first disclosed by IRS supervisor Gary Shapley during his testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee in May 2023.

“He surprised us by telling us on the charges: ‘I’m not the deciding official on whether charges are filed,’” Shapley told the House committee on May 26.

“He then shocked us with the earth-shattering news that the Biden-appointed D.C. U.S. Attorney Matthew Graves would not allow him to charge in his district,” Shapley continued.

Shapley also alleged to the House committee that Weiss was not allowed to charge Hunter for several suspected crimes committed in 2014 and 2015, including “foreign income from Burisma” and “a scheme to evade his income taxes through a partnership with a convicted felon.”

“The purposeful exclusion of the 2014 and 2015 years sanitized the most substantive criminal conduct and concealed material facts,” Shapley charged.

Shapley’s allegations continued, and he reportedly told the House Ways and Means Committee that – during the meeting in October 2022 – Weiss said he “subsequently asked for special counsel authority from Main DOJ at that time and was denied that authority.”

“Instead,” Shapley recounted, “[Weiss] was told to follow the process, which was known to send U.S. Attorney Weiss through another President Biden-appointed U.S. Attorney.”

Baltimore FBI Special Agent in Charge Tom Sobocinski, Assistant Special Agent in Charge Ryeshia Holley, IRS Special Agent in Charge Darrell Waldon, Shapley, and Shapley’s boss have since been identified as the six witnesses Weiss reportedly spoke to during the October 7 meeting.

Weiss’ alleged claims that the DOJ limited his investigation and the subsequent charges against Hunter are particularly noteworthy because they directly contradict Attorney General Merrick Garland’s assertion that Weiss could “make a decision to prosecute any way in which he wanted to and in any district in which he wanted to” regarding the probe.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has since called for a deeper investigation into Shapley’s claims regarding Weiss, the DOJ, and the probe into President Biden’s son. McCarthy also reportedly tapped GOP House Rep. Jim Jordan to lead the inquiry into Shapley’s shocking claims.

“US Attorney David Weiss must provide answers to the House Judiciary Committee,” House Speaker McCarthy said on Sunday. “If the whistleblowers’ allegations are true, this will be a significant part of a larger impeachment inquiry into Merrick Garland’s weaponization of DOJ.”

Meanwhile, Hunter is scheduled to appear in federal court on July 26 in connection to the plea deal he reached with Weiss last week.

You don't see anything deceptive about this headline, which is quickly refuted in the first statement of the article?

"Prosecutor Claims" is an empirical statement that is refuted by the fact that David Weiss is the prosecutor and he flat out rejects that claim. In fact, the article above immediately says "Weiss allegedly told six witnesses "

Wait, wut? ALLEGEDLY NOW? Talk about a buzzkill. This is how Right Wing propaganda operate by luring small minds into conspiracy world with flashy headlines because they know most of their readers won't bother to read the details.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Democrats seem to have a fool proof plan. They can now avoid subpoenas from the House oversight committee by claiming the investigation that they have slowwalked for 5 years is ongoing. And they've appointed David Weiss, a BIden and Democrat donor that the Trump administration failed to detect and purge, as special counsel, the same David Weiss who was responsible for obstructing justice in the first Hunter Biden investigation, the one before the whistleblowers came forward in which the partisan Democrat DOJ was happy to clear Hunter Biden of any and all current or future charges, without even the kiss on the forehead, sweetheart deal that thankfully the nonpartisan judge put the breaks on.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:33 pm
Democrats seem to have a fool proof plan. They can now avoid subpoenas from the House oversight committee by claiming the investigation that they have slowwalked for 5 years is ongoing. And they've appointed David Weiss, a BIden and Democrat donor that the Trump administration failed to detect and purge, as special counsel, the same David Weiss who was responsible for obstructing justice in the first Hunter Biden investigation, the one before the whistleblowers came forward in which the partisan Democrat DOJ was happy to clear Hunter Biden of any and all current or future charges, without even the kiss on the forehead, sweetheart deal that thankfully the nonpartisan judge put the breaks on.

Still no response to all the above? You never change ajax. Res and company have been proving over and over how much you have been lied to by Comer. You have no response but to pivot away and then hop onto some other talking point, constantly moving the goal posts. You reference something Honor said 50 pages ago but then ignore the rest of his comments where he said even if Joe was the "Big Guy" the fact that he rejected a business offer doesn't prove "he talked business." Honor provided an example of a scenario that went something like this:

Hunter: "Dad how about going in on this deal with us as Chairman"

Joe: "Stop right there! So, I love you but I want nothing to do with your business overseas so don't ever bring it up again."

Hunter to the Board: "Big Guy gave an EMPHATIC NO." (emphasis his)

Right Wing idiots: "Ya see, Joe talked to Hunter about his business dealings proving he's a liar!"

You people truly are pathetic.

Res brought up Lev Parnas as another witness the House GOP wants to avoid like the plague and I'll bring up Rob Walker who was an equal partner in that deal with Hunter, Archer and Bobulinski.

Gary Shapley's remarks recall interviews including that which was done with Rob Walker and he was asked about Tony Bobulinski's claim on Tucker Carlson and he said "F**k Tony for saying that." He said he was never under any impression that the VP was ever involved with anything they were doing.

So you see, the House GOP began with a conclusion and they're just trying to use a shell game of deception to force the evidence to fit that narrative. But it ain't working, as every whistleblower turns out to be either a spy or a right wing conspiracy theorist.
sliderf.jpg
sliderf.jpg (201.75 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

But it ain't working, as every whistleblower turns out to be either a spy or a right wing conspiracy theorist.
Isn't one of the whistleblower's that Merrick Garland retaliated against a gay Democrat? We now know that were it not for the whistleblowers, Merrick Garland planned to charge Hunter Biden with nothing.

Why doesn't Biden just provide us the emails he carbon copied to Hunter to prove that no business with Ukraine, China, etc was discussed? Nope, he's going to take that one to his grave if he can.
Investigators are also interested to know why Hunter Biden was cc’d on the email concerning Ukraine.
According to Comer, the email was about Ukraine. The only reason we have it is because it was on the laptop that the Russians supposedly fabricated out of whole cloth to interfere with the 2020 election. Thank goodness the CIA and department of injustice were there to offer sworn lies that this was likely a Russian fabrication. As Doc says, why would Hunter ever fly cross country and leave his laptop at a repair shop without picking it up.
Last edited by ajax18 on Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:59 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:33 pm

Still no response to all the above? You never change ajax. Res and company have been proving over and over how much you have been lied to by Comer. You have no response but to pivot away and then hop onto some other talking point, constantly moving the goal posts. You reference something Honor said 50 pages ago but then ignore the rest of his comments where he said even if Joe was the "Big Guy" the fact that he rejected a business offer doesn't prove "he talked business." Honor provided an example of a scenario that went something like this:

Hunter: "Dad how about going in on this deal with us as Chairman"

Joe: "Stop right there! So, I love you but I want nothing to do with your business overseas so don't ever bring it up again."

Hunter to the Board: "Big Guy gave an EMPHATIC NO." (emphasis his)

Right Wing idiots: "Ya see, Joe talked to Hunter about his business dealings proving he's a liar!"

You people truly are pathetic.

Res brought up Lev Parnas as another witness the House GOP wants to avoid like the plague and I'll bring up Rob Walker who was an equal partner in that deal with Hunter, Archer and Bobulinski.

Gary Shapley's remarks recall interviews including that which was done with Rob Walker and he was asked about Tony Bobulinski's claim on Tucker Carlson and he said "F**k Tony for saying that." He said he was never under any impression that the VP was ever involved with anything they were doing.

So you see, the House GOP began with a conclusion and they're just trying to use a shell game of deception to force the evidence to fit that narrative. But it ain't working, as every whistleblower turns out to be either a spy or a right wing conspiracy theorist.

sliderf.jpg
So what? Comey and every other partisan Democrat at the Department of Injustice leaked information to CNN with impunity for the entire Trump presidency.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:57 pm

Why doesn't Biden just provide us the emails he carbon copied to Hunter to prove that no business with Ukraine, China, etc was discussed? Nope, he's going to take that one to his grave if he can.
Don't you see this is the story of your life with this Hunter infatuation?
Last edited by Vēritās on Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:38 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:57 pm

Don't you see this is the story of your lives with these idiotic conspiracies.
because every accusation is a confession. they think this is how everyone does things, because this is how they do things. Ajax and his ilk are corrupt to the core - probably why they need a mental release of religious exculpation

edit: for example (thanks Jersey Girl) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRFBTGaTUes
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

The smoking gun is going to be in those Burisma emails.... ooops guess not.
The smoking gun is going to be revealed by Tony Bobulinski .... ooops he lost all of those damning documents on a flash drive he sent via mail without copying them first.
The smoking gun is going to be revealed by Tucker Carlson now that he found the lost flash drive... ooops, Tucker decided to drop the story because he feels bad for Hunter.
The smoking gun is going to be in that "FBI document".... ooops guess not.
The smoking gun is going to be in those "17 audio tapes".... ooops turns out they don't exist.
The smoking gun is going to be in those bank transfers to Biden .... ooops they don't exist either.
The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the first whistleblower.... ooops guess not. He was fired and paid to testify.
The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the second whistleblower.... ooops guess not. He was fired and paid to testify.
The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the third whistleblower.... ooops guess not. He was fired and paid to testify.
The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the fourth whistleblower.... ooops guess not He's a Chinese spy and a fugitive from justice.
The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the fifth whistleblower.... ooops turns out that person's dead.
The smoking gun is going to be revealed by Rob Walker's testimony.... oooops, he just sank our entire case saying JB had nothing to do with anything.
The smoking gun is going to be revealed by Dev Archer's testimony...oooops, he just sank our entire case saying JB had nothing to do with anything.
The smoking gun is going to be revealed by those bank statements.... ooops guess not.
The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the first whistleblower.... ooops guess not.

This has been three years of non stop overhyped promises and bogus bombshells.

And now you want to ignore this long track record proving your side is just making crap up as they go, and pretend the real smoking gun is in some mystery email that was sent by a staffer some years ago, probably by accident? Obviously they already have that email otherwise they wouldn't know what was in it. Your description of it is likely 120% BS. It was reported to have a copy of the VP's itinerary for that week nothing more. Trying to spin it into some deep state email about national secrets and official policy decisions is precisely the kind of BS Comer would lie about because he knows there are always people like you there to eat it up uncritically.