Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by Jersey Girl »

The Stig wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:22 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:19 am

Disagree. This is her fight. Let her post what she wants on this board herself. Let her plant a flag. Throw down the gauntlet. Let her draw up the terms and conditions that she herself wants by her own hand upon the board.
If only it were that easy. She seems to have taken to the use of representatives. I, for one, would welcome her participation in this thread rather than all of this proxy nonsense from JP, but she can't be forced to say anything and the only one willing to speak for her side of the matter at this point is JP. So, we are stuck with what we've got.
She's got a handle. Let her use it. We can give them a thread all to themselves if need be. That is if John Dehlin ever shows up here again which in my opinion is doubtful at best.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:37 am
The Stig wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:22 am

If only it were that easy. She seems to have taken to the use of representatives. I, for one, would welcome her participation in this thread rather than all of this proxy nonsense from JP, but she can't be forced to say anything and the only one willing to speak for her side of the matter at this point is JP. So, we are stuck with what we've got.
She's got a handle. Let her use it. We can give them a thread all to themselves if need be. That is if John Dehlin ever shows up here again which in my opinion is doubtful at best.
I was certainly surprised to see him respond this morning, and I recall he came over and responded years ago when much of this campaign began. Who knows?
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:26 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:23 pm
Again I ask WHAT allegations has John said are baseless?
Well it would help if John would stop deleting the word "baseless" from his posts where he addressed allegations.
Deflection
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:49 pm
Dr Moore wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:28 pm

JP -- just do yourself and all of us a favor. Post right here in this thread, specifically, word-for-word, the language you and Rosebud want to hear come out of John's mouth on MS podcast. This will go a long way to clearing up any confusion about what is being demanded for the sake of closure.
You strike me as the kind of person who, when having done something wrong, offers a "I'm sorry you felt I did something wrong" kind of apology.
Deflection
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:12 am
drumdude wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:53 pm
Why can't James just tell everyone what Anne wants John to say? Because then Anne can't spend the rest of her and John's life dredging this up over and over.

Closure was never the goal. Retribution and payback is.
Why can't she just post it here herself? She's a registered member here.
Patterson is too busy infantalizing her, maybe?
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

The Stig wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:35 am
Dr Moore wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:30 am

Fine, so if JP is speaking with her and for her, then all he needs to do is put some language and clarity behind the demand for some kind of public mea culpa. John may disagree with the demands, but at least JP has FINALLY told us what Rosebud wants, which is some kind of public apology.

I suspect (and I think you do as well) that unless it is ACTUALLY word-for-word what Rosebud wants, it will still be a source of contention and criticism from her. Even then, my confidence level is low given the last 10 years.
I suspect even if it is worded exactly as Rosebud wants, it will be scooped up as a billy club to beat John Dehlin over the head for the next decade.

But maybe if she were to promise to leave after the apology...
master_dc
Star B

Post by master_dc »

What are the odds the board will need to be shut down and renamed again?!? We might be creating new niche in the post Mormon world, bring your complaints against others here and we will tear into to it for a couple hundred pages.

Honestly, I must say that we have give this this topic quite the sounding board, people on both sides of the argument, switching sides… and we still have not got the plaintiffs to express their endgame… my vote is destroy John Dehlin… though I know JP doesn’t understand what that means…
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

At this rate the owner of the board will have to award it to Rosebud to avoid a sexual harassment beef.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

My vote is to have all of the people going around stirring up trouble for their own selfish or vindictive reasons lose internet access for a decade.
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:30 am
at least JP has FINALLY told us what Rosebud wants, which is some kind of public apology.
Yeah, never said that.