Rules and Moderator information
- Hound of Heaven
- God
- Posts: 1285
- Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm
Re: Rules and Moderator information
Shades, i did exactly as you asked, and look at the response I got back from Canpakes!
He is incapable of change, just as I've told you. It's always going to be a snarky disrespectful answer from him, which is fine on every thread except for the rules and moderator thread.
The most disrespectful part of this situation is I asked you a question, Shades, and within 20 minutes Canpakes responds. He couldn't wait an hour or one day to allow you to respond. That's because he totally disrespects you! If he respected you he would give you a chance to respond to the question i asked then gave his opinion. Like I said, he can't help it, he's going to be disrespectful, even on the one thread he should be respectful since you entrusted him with moderator powers!
For him to say I'm escalating a situation because I'm pointing out he committed a serious mistake as a moderator goes to show once again he doesn't have any respect for you or the board. What he should be doing is apologizing and asking for your forgiveness for acting so childish.
He is incapable of change, just as I've told you. It's always going to be a snarky disrespectful answer from him, which is fine on every thread except for the rules and moderator thread.
The most disrespectful part of this situation is I asked you a question, Shades, and within 20 minutes Canpakes responds. He couldn't wait an hour or one day to allow you to respond. That's because he totally disrespects you! If he respected you he would give you a chance to respond to the question i asked then gave his opinion. Like I said, he can't help it, he's going to be disrespectful, even on the one thread he should be respectful since you entrusted him with moderator powers!
For him to say I'm escalating a situation because I'm pointing out he committed a serious mistake as a moderator goes to show once again he doesn't have any respect for you or the board. What he should be doing is apologizing and asking for your forgiveness for acting so childish.
- canpakes
- God
- Posts: 10678
- Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am
Re: Rules and Moderator information
Hound, I like talking to you. It makes me smile.Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:05 amShades, i did exactly as you asked, and look at the response I got back from Canpakes!
He is incapable of change, just as I've told you. It's always going to be a snarky disrespectful answer from him, which is fine on every thread except for the rules and moderator thread.
The most disrespectful part of this situation is I asked you a question, Shades, and within 20 minutes Canpakes responds. He couldn't wait an hour or one day to allow you to respond. That's because he totally disrespects you! If he respected you he would give you a chance to respond to the question i asked then gave his opinion. Like I said, he can't help it, he's going to be disrespectful, even on the one thread he should be respectful since you entrusted him with moderator powers!
For him to say I'm escalating a situation because I'm pointing out he committed a serious mistake as a moderator goes to show once again he doesn't have any respect for you or the board. What he should be doing is apologizing and asking for your forgiveness for acting so childish.
I’m curious, though - what is this about a time limit that must be observed before responding to a post? And in a thread specifically created to include moderators in the discussion? And does this time delay apply only to moderators, or to all board participants in all threads?
Thanks in advance for your input.
- Hound of Heaven
- God
- Posts: 1285
- Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm
Re: Rules and Moderator information
You can dance around the very serious situation you put yourself in all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that you, a moderator, asked a board member to break two of the most serious rules so you can punish me!! Not only is that childish, in my opinion it goes to show your state of mind, that being you're not capable of being an unbiased moderator that's looking out for the best interest of the board! And the fact that you're discussing everything I'm talking about except the fact you asked me to break the rules, proves you don't respect Shades or his board!!canpakes wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:23 amHound, I like talking to you. It makes me smile.Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:05 amShades, i did exactly as you asked, and look at the response I got back from Canpakes!
He is incapable of change, just as I've told you. It's always going to be a snarky disrespectful answer from him, which is fine on every thread except for the rules and moderator thread.
The most disrespectful part of this situation is I asked you a question, Shades, and within 20 minutes Canpakes responds. He couldn't wait an hour or one day to allow you to respond. That's because he totally disrespects you! If he respected you he would give you a chance to respond to the question i asked then gave his opinion. Like I said, he can't help it, he's going to be disrespectful, even on the one thread he should be respectful since you entrusted him with moderator powers!
For him to say I'm escalating a situation because I'm pointing out he committed a serious mistake as a moderator goes to show once again he doesn't have any respect for you or the board. What he should be doing is apologizing and asking for your forgiveness for acting so childish.
I’m curious, though - what is this about a time limit that must be observed before responding to a post? And in a thread specifically created to include moderators in the discussion? And does this time delay apply only to moderators, or to all board participants in all threads?
Thanks in advance for your input.
My question is aimed at Shades and my complaint is about you!! You know that, but instead of allowing Shades to answer first, you, you the person the complaint is about decided to answer for him!! But you really didn't answer did you. What you did is you jumped in front Shades before he has a chance to respond, again, a total lack of respect for the owner of the board. Any moderator with an ounce of common sense and a hint of respect for the board owner would have read my complaint, realized the complaint is about them and gave the owner of the board time to respond. But that's not how you operate. You operate in a different realm, a realm where you're trying to impress your board friends over worrying about the smooth operation of the discussion board!
Let's once again get to the heart of the matter. A moderator should never dare a board member break rules so that moderator can discipline them for it!! That's exactly what you did!! It goes against everything a moderator is instructed to do to keep the board operating smoothly. You do not have the ability to deesculate!! You choose to escalate at every opportunity you are given when you're dealing with someone that's not your friend on the board. You egg board members on, for instance, Whiskey, then punish him for what you feel is a violation! You are consciously choosing to escalate a situation in hopes to get it to a temperature that benefits you so you can punish Whiskey!!!!! And now you are asking me to break the rules of the board so you can punish me, you said it out loud!!
I've been saying for over a year you choose to escalate on the board as a board member so you can create situations where Canpakes the moderator can use your moderating powers to punish people! LET ME SAY IT ONE MORE TIME! YOU, CANPAKES THE REGULAR OL BOARD MEMBER IS CHOOSING TO ESCALATE DISCUSSIONS UNTIL YOU FEEL THEY'RE TO A POINT THAT YOU CAN PUNISH CERTAIN BOARD MEMBERS!! And you just proved my point by asking me, no, actually begging me to break serious rules so you can punish me in front of your friends!
And my proof is the numerous times Shades has overturned your moderator decisions to punish either me or Whiskey!
- canpakes
- God
- Posts: 10678
- Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am
Re: Rules and Moderator information
Good morning, Hound -
That post wasn’t long enough. The ALLCAPS part was a fun addition, though.
That post wasn’t long enough. The ALLCAPS part was a fun addition, though.
- Hound of Heaven
- God
- Posts: 1285
- Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm
Re: Rules and Moderator information
Canpakes, i will be posting screenshots in the AI megathread on this discussion. If you feel that any of the bots are getting the role of a moderator on a discussion board incorrect, please explain what the bots are wrong about.
- canpakes
- God
- Posts: 10678
- Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am
Re: Rules and Moderator information
Hi, Hound.Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:57 pmCanpakes, i will be posting screenshots in the AI megathread on this discussion. If you feel that any of the bots are getting the role of a moderator on a discussion board incorrect, please explain what the bots are wrong about.
Users can guide AI bots into saying most anything, and you’ve done this before, anyway. Post all that you want.
Don’t let me take up too much space in your head, though. Make sure to get out today for a walk, and to get your RDA of fiber.
- Hound of Heaven
- God
- Posts: 1285
- Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm
Re: Rules and Moderator information
Dr. Shades, it’s been about 6 hours since your moderator started responding to my post this morning either here or in the AI megathread and as you can see he doesn't have the ability to stop posting. He's literally digging the hole deeper with every post, proving he doesn't have the mentality or personality to be a competent moderator.
He's now moved on to attempting to throw up a strawman for me to knock down, saying because he didn't "demand" that I commit a major board violation, that he's in the clear for telling me to commit a major board violation for his benefit
.
You're an intelligent individual, Shades, so im sure you understand that a moderator shouldn't be dragging out a conversation such as this for hours on end. The disrespect he's piling on the board and you is insane!
At what point do you jump in and say that the rules and moderator thread is for asking questions to moderators and one should expect a serious answer back from said moderator?
I did as you asked, this morning I asked for respect back and look at the thread now. He's still insulting me and egging me on, on the one thread that childish behavior shouldn't happen if one is a moderator.
He can insult me and attempt to bait me all he wants on the board, but as we discussed, he should act professional on this thread. Why am I still dealing with his childish behavior?
He's now moved on to attempting to throw up a strawman for me to knock down, saying because he didn't "demand" that I commit a major board violation, that he's in the clear for telling me to commit a major board violation for his benefit
You're an intelligent individual, Shades, so im sure you understand that a moderator shouldn't be dragging out a conversation such as this for hours on end. The disrespect he's piling on the board and you is insane!
At what point do you jump in and say that the rules and moderator thread is for asking questions to moderators and one should expect a serious answer back from said moderator?
I did as you asked, this morning I asked for respect back and look at the thread now. He's still insulting me and egging me on, on the one thread that childish behavior shouldn't happen if one is a moderator.
He can insult me and attempt to bait me all he wants on the board, but as we discussed, he should act professional on this thread. Why am I still dealing with his childish behavior?
- Everybody Wang Chung
- God
- Posts: 3870
- Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:52 am
Re: Rules and Moderator information
I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you, and quite frankly, you're giving us a free comedy show.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."
Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
- canpakes
- God
- Posts: 10678
- Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am
Re: Rules and Moderator information
You’re an odd duck, Hound. First you posit that I’m using my mod powers to force you to break the rules after telling me that I can’t mod you anyway, and now you’re unhappy that I respond when you engage me as a normal board denizen and outside of the mod thread that you incorrectly claimed we had the referenced conversation within.Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2026 4:22 pmDr. Shades, It’s been about 6hrs since your moderator started responding to my post this morning either here or in the AI megathread and as you can see he doesn't have the ability to stop posting. He's literally digging the hole deeper with every post, proving he doesn't have the mentality or personality to be a competent moderator.
He's now moved on to attempting to throw up a strawman for me to knock down, saying because he didn't "demand" that I commit a major board violation, that he's in the clear for telling me to commit a major board violation for his benefit![]()
![]()
.
You're an intelligent individual, Shades, so im sure you understand that a moderator shouldn't be dragging out a conversation such as this for hours on end. The disrespect he's piling on the board and you is insane!
At what point do you jump in and say that the rules and moderator thread is for asking questions to moderators and one should expect a serious answer back from said moderator?
I did as you asked, this morning I asked for respect back and look at the thread now. He's still insulting me and egging me on, on the one thread that childish behavior shouldn't happen if one is a moderator.
He can insult me and attempt to bait me all he wants on the board, but as we discussed, he should act professional on this thread. Why am I still dealing with his childish behavior?
In all of this, there’s one constant truth about the two people involved:
One of them, the Evil Mod canpakes®, does not seem to have a history of any ‘mod issues’ with any other active member of the board, or even any now-inactive members.
The other one - Hound - has spent several years over several different accounts, trying to antagonize a dozen board members and who has experienced mod guidance, time outs and/or banning from at least 4 mods … including Shades.
Odd, that.
- Hound of Heaven
- God
- Posts: 1285
- Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm
Re: Rules and Moderator information
Shades, once again a thread has been posted for the purpose of dumping my post into, apparently ones that the moderators don't like. This is now the 3rd or 4th thread dedicated specifically for my post by the moderators. So my question to you is, why am I being targeted, why are my post moved to a dedicated thread for my post and DrCamnPP, Bishop Schmo, Canpakes and others are free to insult and go off topic without them getting a "MEGATHREAD" to dump their post?Dr. Shades wrote: ↑Sun Jan 04, 2026 9:43 amI just got back from vacation, and I have read this post. I haven't read this thread, though. I have lots of unpacking and uncluttering to do, and that's outside of work (to which I return tomorrow), so please have patience.
So I'm going to give you some examples. What about this post from DrCamnPP? This is one of hundreds that coulbe dumped into a MEGATHREAD for DrCamnPP insults. Why isn't he getting his own MEGATHREAD?

I'm not posting differently now than I was a year ago when DrCamnPP, Canpakes, Bishop Schmo and I were exchanging insults! And here is what you said a year ago! Again, why is the lone voice on one side of the fence getting a MEGATHREAD while the other side is allowed to insult and derail without any moderation!
