DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 11120
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:04 am

Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

huckelberry wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 05, 2025 4:41 pm
Kishkumen wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 16, 2025 11:38 am
Thank you for all of the good suggestions!
This would appear to be the best and simplest solution. Is there any reason it would not work, getting the money to the correct place?
The GoFundMe page has an anonymous option. It works.

- Doc
Hiring a part-time news entertainment anchor as SecDef, what could go wrong?
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup

Post by Hound of Heaven »

Update on donations?
User avatar
Everybody Wang Chung
God
Posts: 3869
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:52 am

Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 11, 2025 12:10 pm
Update on donations?
Horndogger,

Rest assured, your staggering contribution of zero dollars is being safely managed.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup

Post by Hound of Heaven »

Update?
User avatar
Everybody Wang Chung
God
Posts: 3869
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:52 am

Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 28, 2026 5:10 pm
Update?
Horny,

The status of your zero contribution is unchanged. Now stop standing around asking for updates.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup

Post by Hound of Heaven »

Is anyone willing to give an update on where the board stands as far as what it needs annually? And would it be possible to possibly update this thread quarterly?
User avatar
Everybody Wang Chung
God
Posts: 3869
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:52 am

Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Horny,

Feel free to drop by next quarter, and I'll be sure to give you a detailed progress report on your zero contribution.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
User avatar
Gadianton
God
Posts: 6826
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:56 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup

Post by Gadianton »

It's that time again, we're raising money for the board's continuation. Things have changed a bit since last time, which is mostly positive, but there are some challenges. We need 814$. DO NOT USE any old links you might have for contributing, I think I've deleted them all but can't be sure.

The good is the cost is reduced from last year and previous years by a fair amount I believe. The bad is that this reduction is due to streamlining away from formalities, which changes the options for contributing.

We don't have a slick method for contributing at this point, although that is being worked on -- but don't hold your breath. So for now, if you would like to contribute, either PM Dr. Shades or PM me. If you would like to wait for a more straightforward solution, which mainly would ensure your anonymity as a payer, then feel free to do so.

I may post more details later although Dr. Shades is free to clarify anything he wishes on this thread as he is ultimately in charge. If you have questions, or are ready to donate now, PM me or Shades. I will answer questions privately, for now, I won't be answering publicly (for now) on this thread.

Why am I involved here? The main reason is that Dr. Shades has a mental block when it comes to asking for money. This may be because he was raised a Chapel Mormon, indoctrinated with the belief that he is only to serve, and anything short of pure sacrifice is selfishness.

Moderators: if you don't mind being hyper vigilant on this thread to make sure this post doesn't get buried too deep.

794$ is the ask, as a small test payment is in flight.
"...gain control of land that FARMS owned..." -- Bill Hamblin
"Why did FARMS own land to begin with?" -- Me
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup

Post by Hound of Heaven »

Gadianton wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:18 pm
It's that time again, we're raising money for the board's continuation. Things have changed a bit since last time, which is mostly positive, but there are some challenges. We need 814$. DO NOT USE any old links you might have for contributing, I think I've deleted them all but can't be sure.

The good is the cost is reduced from last year and previous years by a fair amount I believe. The bad is that this reduction is due to streamlining away from formalities, which changes the options for contributing.

We don't have a slick method for contributing at this point, although that is being worked on -- but don't hold your breath. So for now, if you would like to contribute, either PM Dr. Shades or PM me. If you would like to wait for a more straightforward solution, which mainly would ensure your anonymity as a payer, then feel free to do so.

I may post more details later although Dr. Shades is free to clarify anything he wishes on this thread as he is ultimately in charge. If you have questions, or are ready to donate now, PM me or Shades. I will answer questions privately, for now, I won't be answering publicly (for now) on this thread.

Why am I involved here? The main reason is that Dr. Shades has a mental block when it comes to asking for money. This may be because he was raised a Chapel Mormon, indoctrinated with the belief that he is only to serve, and anything short of pure sacrifice is selfishness.

Moderators: if you don't mind being hyper vigilant on this thread to make sure this post doesn't get buried too deep.

794$ is the ask, as a small test payment is in flight.
Serious question, Gadianton. Can y'all get together to discuss if someone contributes a hefty amount, let's say at least $100, then our board name can be a particular color? Not asking for extra moderation privileges, Just purely cosmetic, simply recognition. I think this idea can help with fundraising.
User avatar
Gadianton
God
Posts: 6826
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:56 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: DiscussMormonism.com Collection Cup

Post by Gadianton »

Hound, this is Shades board so feel free to PM him and make your offers for purchasing favors directly. It's really up to him. He seems like a purist to me but don't know if you don't ask.
"...gain control of land that FARMS owned..." -- Bill Hamblin
"Why did FARMS own land to begin with?" -- Me
Post Reply