Weak Americans that hate America so much they move to a different country.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Post Reply
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: The List

Post by Hound of Heaven »

canpakes wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:44 pm
Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:39 pm
Why did you moderate my post? You still haven't answered. You're not supposed to be moderating in threads You're throwing jabs in.
I added the gentle reminder, in red.

I think that my comment is fair. Argue against it if you wish.

This is the second time I’ve answered this question, by the way. Are you feeling OK, today? Did that lunchtime cheeseburger have some bad meat in it, or something?
Yeah, that's called moderating, dumbass!
User avatar
canpakes
God
Posts: 10678
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am

Re: The List

Post by canpakes »

Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:45 pm
canpakes wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:44 pm
I added the gentle reminder, in red.

I think that my comment is fair. Argue against it if you wish.

This is the second time I’ve answered this question, by the way. Are you feeling OK, today? Did that lunchtime cheeseburger have some bad meat in it, or something?
Yeah, that's called moderating, dumbass!
Refer back to the explanation of your fundamental misunderstanding.

On a related note, this whole subforum and pretty much the rest of the site consists of folks ‘throwing jabs’. It’s kind of a main feature of discussion boards. That said, there are still board rules that apply to the behavior.
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: The List

Post by Hound of Heaven »

canpakes wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:51 pm
Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:45 pm
Yeah, that's called moderating, dumbass!
Refer back to the explanation of your fundamental misunderstanding.

On a related note, this whole subforum and pretty much the rest of the site consists of folks ‘throwing jabs’. It’s kind of a main feature of discussion boards. That said, there are still board rules that apply to the behavior.
Yes, and you were told not to moderate in threads you're throwing jabs in. You do realize you're not the only moderator.

You want me to contact Shades again like did last year so he can remind you not to moderate in threads you're participating in?
User avatar
canpakes
God
Posts: 10678
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am

Re: The List

Post by canpakes »

Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:56 pm
canpakes wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:51 pm
Refer back to the explanation of your fundamental misunderstanding.

On a related note, this whole subforum and pretty much the rest of the site consists of folks ‘throwing jabs’. It’s kind of a main feature of discussion boards. That said, there are still board rules that apply to the behavior.
Yes, and you were told not to moderate in threads you're throwing jabs in. You do realize you're not the only moderator.

You want me to contact Shades again like did last year so he can remind you not to moderate in threads you're participating in?
I personally don’t care what you say to Shades. Shades can see our interactions here. Make whatever threats you feel that you have to make.

But you still are bound to the rules of the board, regardless.
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: The List

Post by Hound of Heaven »

canpakes wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:01 pm
Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:56 pm
Yes, and you were told not to moderate in threads you're throwing jabs in. You do realize you're not the only moderator.

You want me to contact Shades again like did last year so he can remind you not to moderate in threads you're participating in?
I personally don’t care what you say to Shades. Shades can see our interactions here. Make whatever threats you feel that you have to make.

But you still are bound to the rules of the board, regardless.
Yeah, and he'll moderate in threads you participate in, correct? Wasn't that the deal about a year ago?
User avatar
canpakes
God
Posts: 10678
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am

Re: The List

Post by canpakes »

Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:03 pm
canpakes wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:01 pm
I personally don’t care what you say to Shades. Shades can see our interactions here. Make whatever threats you feel that you have to make.

But you still are bound to the rules of the board, regardless.
Yeah, and he'll moderate in threads you participate in, correct? Wasn't that the deal about a year ago?
As said upstream, I appreciate that you believe that you can break any board rules at any time in any thread that I’ve commented in as long as Shades doesn’t notice, but I believe that you may be stretching your interpretation.

What did I say that has your britches in such a bind? I have some extra time tonight; we can keep this conversation going. : D
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: The List

Post by Hound of Heaven »

canpakes wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:14 pm
Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:03 pm
Yeah, and he'll moderate in threads you participate in, correct? Wasn't that the deal about a year ago?
As said upstream, I appreciate that you believe that you can break any board rules at any time in any thread that I’ve commented in as long as Shades doesn’t notice, but I believe that you may be stretching your interpretation.

What did I say that has your britches in such a bind? I have some extra time tonight; we can keep this conversation going. : D
Still didn't answer. You can't moderate threads you are participating in, correct? If you can say yes, if not say no, real simple!
User avatar
canpakes
God
Posts: 10678
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am

Re: The List

Post by canpakes »

Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:20 pm
canpakes wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:14 pm
As said upstream, I appreciate that you believe that you can break any board rules at any time in any thread that I’ve commented in as long as Shades doesn’t notice, but I believe that you may be stretching your interpretation.

What did I say that has your britches in such a bind? I have some extra time tonight; we can keep this conversation going. : D
Still didn't answer. You can't moderate threads you are participating in, correct? If you can say yes, if not say no, real simple!
OK. Let’s do a test.

Go ahead and dox someone. Or commit a clear violation of a board rule, like sexually harassing someone. Do it in this thread, in which I’m participating in.

Then we can watch what happens, and you’ll have your answer.
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: The List

Post by Hound of Heaven »

canpakes wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:25 pm
Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:20 pm
Still didn't answer. You can't moderate threads you are participating in, correct? If you can say yes, if not say no, real simple!
OK. Let’s do a test.

Go ahead and dox someone. Or commit a clear violation of a board rule, like sexually harassing someone. Do it in this thread, in which I’m participating in.

Then we can watch what happens, and you’ll have your answer.
Oh wow!! :lol: :lol: :lol: this post by you explains so much and I don't even have to contact Shades! :lol:

Reading your post it's obvious someone told you you can only moderate in threads you're participating in if it's a serious violation! It's clear by the way you worded your post. You've been told by someone not to moderate threads you're participating in for minor board violations. It seems you've been admonished. That's why you asked me to break a serious board rule! :lol: :lol:

Are moderators supposed to ask board members to break a serious board rule like doxing someone or are you supposed to ask a board member to sexually harass as a moderator for your benefit so you can prove a point?
User avatar
canpakes
God
Posts: 10678
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am

Re: The List

Post by canpakes »

Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:36 pm
canpakes wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:25 pm
OK. Let’s do a test.

Go ahead and dox someone. Or commit a clear violation of a board rule, like sexually harassing someone. Do it in this thread, in which I’m participating in.

Then we can watch what happens, and you’ll have your answer.
Oh wow!! :lol: :lol: :lol: this post by you explains so much and I don't even have to contact Shades! :lol:

Reading your post it's obvious someone told you you can only moderate in threads you're participating in if it's a serious violation! It's clear by the way you worded your post. You've been told by someone not to moderate threads you're participating in for minor board violations. It seems you've been admonished. That's why you asked me to break a serious board rule! :lol: :lol:

Are moderators supposed to ask board members to break a serious board rule like doxing someone or are you supposed to ask a board member to sexually harass as a moderator for your benefit so you can prove a point?
That’s one assumption. But where did I say ‘serious’? And how would that be defined?
Post Reply